Tuesday, December 14, 2010

The Ails of Football

Becoming a fan of any team is a long and dangerous journey, and my early support for Manchester City is approaching it's first obstacle.  Carlos Tevez, this seasons highest scorer for the Citizens, has requested a transfer from the team. While transfers themselves are not rare, it is still painful when a club's captain feels he just can't work things out with upper management.

How will this affect my feelings for the team? Hard to say, really. City performed well without Tevez this weekend against West Ham (3-1 win). Adam Johnson got some playing time, which always makes me happy.  So I can see myself still supporting the Citizens even without the talented Argentinean.   However, if a transfer brought in a player I strongly dislike (read: Rooney, which I'm pretty sure is impossible), then my feelings would be hard to predict. I would probably be heard calling out such silly phrases as "Come on, you Lilywhites!" or "Go Liverpool!"

No comments:

Post a Comment